XDCAM HD Professional Disc recorder with multiple interfaces
The PDW-F75 is designed to place XDCAM HD at the heart of any existing infrastructure – it can as easily be connected to a composite analogue world as a digital file-based workflow.
At the touch of a button, the PDW-F75 can up or downconvert any input/output signal in real-time with complete transparency. It is as easy to plug in an entry-level DV camcorder as a top-of-the-range HDCAM VTR.
The PDW-F75 features a comprehensive array of interfaces as standard.
Using either the built-in LCD screen or a monitor, you have full access to all the benefits of the advanced XDCAM workflow with Scene Selection, Thumbnail operations and high-speed file-based editing.
No matter how you work, the PDW-F75 offers productivity improvements impossible with tape-based media:
- As soon as you insert a Professional Disc, the PDW-F75 will display a thumbnail index of each recorded scene either on a monitor or the built-in LCD screen
- Any scene can be accessed instantly with no time-wasted due to fastforwarding/rewinding
- No need to worry about accidentally overwriting precious content
- ‘Essence Marks’ can be reviewed and edited to identify critical scenes
- Cut edit content on the deck itself – no need for a PC!
- Import proxy files onto your PC at high speed for faster browsing and editing
- Smart import only the full resolution content you require faster than real-time
- Up to four and a half hours recording at 18Mb/s MPEG HD, with Dual Layer Professional Discs
- Built-in high quality 16:9 colour screen
- SDI and HD-SDI output with audio embedded
- Digital Audio AES-EBU output
- TC IN/OUT
Compatibility with today and tomorrow’s workflow
The PDW-F75 is built around support for existing standards such as DV/DVCAM and open standards like MXF so you’ve got the maximum flexibility to use it just the way you want.
- Stay with DV/DVCAM format to work with existing non-linear editors
- HD-SDI, SDI, i.Link, analogue video, analogue/digital audio interfaces for connectivity to a wide range of editing systems
- i.Link File Access Mode (FAM) interface for high-speed, file-based connectivity to a PC
- Optional network interface for sharing content on a standard IT-based network
- i.LINK TS option for easy connectivity to HDV
- MXF open standard ensures maximum compatibility with new generation NLEs
- Long-term accessibility – storing content as files means you will always be able to access data in the future
Smarter, Faster Archiving
You don’t need an expensive IT-storage system to revolutionise the way you store, retrieve and manage your archive material. While Professional Discs costs the same as tape, they’re a true high-speed, non-linear media with a wealth of advanced meta-data automatically generated in camera.
- Import metadata and/or low resolution proxies onto your PC hard drive for a smart, searchable mirror of your high resolution archive
- Locate , watch and even edit proxy clips quickly using fast search of meta data, then instantly locate the archived high resolution content
- Non-linear media means faster, more reliable access to valuable archive content
- Professional Discs will retain information for 50 years in normal conditions
- Because information is stored as data files, there’s no worries about video standards not being around in years to come
This Sony professional deck has been designed to provide the very best features at the very best price – there’s no need to compromise on quality, functionality or results!
Real-time SD output
Even when recording in MPEG HD, the PDW-F75 outputs a real-time SD signal via SDI, i.LINK DV out and composite out, further enhancing versatility and operational compatibility (e.g. with monitors or recording equipment on location.)
Quick and Slow Motion Support
The PDW-F75 fully supports the Over/Undercranking feature of the PDW-F355 and will play back this content.
HD 1080 Recording at Selectable Frame
XDCAM HD products can record video signals in 1080/59.94i, 50i, 29.97P, 25P and native 23.98P – using a “MPEG HD” codec with industry standard MPEG-2 MP@HL compression. The user can also select the following bit rates
High-quality Audio Recording
XDCAM HD products can record two or four-channel, 16-bit, 48-kHz uncompressed (Linear PCM) audio – delivering high sound quality.
File-based Disc Recording
Because the XDCAM system records video and audio as IT-type files rather than a linear AV stream, XDCAM HD products offer a range of powerful benefits.
- Instant random access to content
- Automatic recording onto empty disc space (no need to worry about overwriting valuable content)
- Easy integration into other IT-based equipment such as Non-Linear Editing and
- Archiving Systems
- Advanced network-based workflow via i.LINK FAM (File Access Mode) or Ethernet
- High Speed File Transfer.
Advanced Scene Selection Functionality
The PDW-F75’s 16:9 colour LCD displays enables easy access to advanced XDCAM features. For example, a thumbnail display provides immediate access to detailed metadata or key scenes (selected automatically and/or manually) for quickly reviewing content on site. You can also perform simple cuts-only editing on the deck itself.
Analogue-like Jog Audio
One of the most popular features of Betacam SP decks was the top quality, analogue jog audio feature. This is almost exactly reproduced by the PDW-F75, which offers near-continuous slow-motion speed down to 1% steps. Noiseless slow-motion is variable from -1.0 to +1.0.
Using the same interpolation filter technology as Digital Betacam, XDCAM HD decks offer stable and smooth picture quality during slow motion with minimal vertical jitter in both SD and HD.
High Level of Reliability
XDCAM HD decks share the same platform as the XDCAM SD products which have proven themselves in demanding applications all around the world. As there is no mechanical contact between media and recording heads, a high level of durability and long media life have been achieved. XDCAM products have also demonstrated exceptional resistance to shock, vibrations and extremes of climate. In addition, there is a 2 Year Silver Support pack supplied as standard.
The PDW-F75 features a wide-range of input-outputs and interfaces for maximum production flexibility.
- Inputs: HD-SDI, AES/EBU audio, analogue audio, timecode, reference
- Outputs: HD-SDI, Y/Pb/Pr, SD-SDI, RGB, SD analogue composite, AES/EBU audio, analog audio, timecode, XGA/VGA, audio monitor (L/R)
- i.LINK interface supports
- IR Remote Commander supplied
- Metadata recording: UMID, Extended UMID, Essence Marks