7″ HD/SD Field Monitor
The Marshall V-R70P-HD is a very high quality 7-inch LCD monitor designed for video-assist and general field production. This monitor incorporates sophisticated images processing, scaling and interpolation for optimum analog to digital conversion and the best possible picture display. The 3-BNC Component Video input will decode both standard definition and HD signals. It can be run off Sony-type V-mount batteries or any 4-pin XLR power supply. A 1/4-20 mounting plate can be attached to any edge of the monitor. A rack mount kit is available as an optional accessory.
- Image Conversion
- The V-R70P-HD as the ability to accept analog video signals, even very high quality 3-BNC HD/SD Component Video. Analog signals are digitized using an advanced 10-bit process with 4x over-sampling and adaptive 5 line comb filter. Video is scaled to fit on screen in the highest resolution using a state of the art LSI that incorporates 4 x 4 pixel interpolation with precision Gamma correction to product the best images available.
- Built for Field Production
- This monitor has an optical grade polycarbonate screen cover that is scratch resistant while defeating reflection and glare. TFT technology gives the monitor a wide viewing range of 130° horizontal and 120° vertical. Its bright readout can be seen in even in difficult ambient lighting conditions.
- Widescreen and Conventional World-Wide Compatibility
- The V-R70P-HD can display 16:9 and 4:3 aspect video as native images. The unit also auto-detects both NTSC and PAL system video so it can be used almost anywhere in the world.
- DC Power Options
- This monitor was obviously designed for use as a field production tool. If your camera package uses the popular V-mount batteries, this monitor can be powered in the same manner. The manufacturer estimates a single fully charged 50 watt/hour battery can power the monitor for 4-6 hours. A 4-pin XLR input allows the unit to be powered via any professional DC power supply.
- Flexible Production Capabilities
- Even though the V-R70P-HD appears to be a well constructed monitor for video-assist or camera mounting, it can also find a place in a control room setting. This monitor has tally lights so it can be used in a director’s location. An optional rack mount kit can place the monitor in a standard 19-inch wide equipment rack.